|Trigger:||This trait can't be activated or deactivated, it's constantly activate.|
|Effect:||Resist physical damage naturally.|
Superhuman Durability refers to an individual's body being more able to withstand that which would otherwise weaken, wound or kill on average person, such as concussive force and energy blast. This also means that the individual can take more pain than any normal human.
This ability came into being through genetic engineering. Vincent told Catherine that the soldiers who unknowingly took part in project muirfield – which was a government authorized gene-splicing experiment based on injecting genetically engineered animal DNA into soldiers– became physically harder and more resistant to damage. So much so that they became notoriously hard to kill. Nevertheless, when the military realized they could not be controlled they had them all murdered except Vincent, who escaped.
There are many examples of this trait being shown clearly and deliberately; listed below are a few:
- Lafferty: Lafferty fugued out one day while serving in Afghanistan and put her fist through a table without sustaining injury.
- Vincent Keller: The first demonstration of this trait in 2012 came about in a warehouse, when Vincent, in a fit of rage, threw himself against a concrete wall, badly cracking and damaging it, and walked away without a scratch.
- Vincent once used his body to shield Catherine from a stun grenade without sustaining injury.
- He also once leapt through a hotel glass window, destroying it and it's frame without sustaining injury.
- Vincent was able to survive a bullet in the stomach at near point blank range and was able to run at superspeed almost directly afterwards.
- Gabriel Lowan: He survived being shot sixteen times in the chest with a high powered rifle.
Vincent sporting a scar on the right side of his face.
Edged weapons or projectles applied with sufficient force can pierce the person's skin. For example, needles have been used on several to penetrate Vincent's skin. A knife was also used to pierce his skin in mid-2003, leaving a scar on the right side of his face. Tess shot him after he beasted out in front of her, impaling his flesh with a bullet.
- ↑ In the Pilot, Vincent reveals that the military tried to kill all the supersoldiers.
- ↑ As witnessed in the season one episode Out of Control.
- ↑ As witnessed in the season one episode Proceed with Caution.
- ↑ As witnessed in the season one episode Cold Turkey.
- ↑ It should also be noted that Catherine could not withstand the effects of a stun grenade even though Vincent was shielding her with his body at the time of detonation.
- ↑ As witnessed in the season one episode Trust No One.
- ↑ As witnessed in the season one episode Partners in Crime.